Sara McPhail has a blog called Travelling Artista. It is one of my favorites. For her to nominate my blog for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award in an honor, and thank you!
Here are the requirements for this award:
1. Display the award logo somewhere on the blog.
2. Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
5. Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
The 7 Things:
I am going to cheat this one and tell you 7 things I have learned about Space Painting.
1. It stinks! No really Spray Paint is smelly. I have heard that there are paints that smell like candy but I can’t find them. Wear a respirator no matter how silly it makes you look!
2. National Geographic Magazines work the best for creating the landscape. They don’t rip and stick as much. They are also a good read when you need to let the paint dry.
3. On hot and humid days clear coat gloss will save your paintings from the “stickiness”.
4. Keep an eye on your spray caps. Build up will cause dotty mist or worse, blobs of paint puke.
5. Wearing rubber gloves will keep your hands clean, but I find not wearing them and trying to keep my hands from getting yucky slows me down and the outcome looks better.
6. Tape your projects down with masking tape! This deters the evil art fairies from flipping your freshly painted project sticky side down!
7. Be prepared to amaze people who have never seen this type of art when you tell them you use spray paint, but also be prepared to lose their amazement when they You-Tube how it is done.
The 15 Nominees are…
6. Vinyl Eraser
12. Lily Wight
Just naming 15 is so hard when you look at your list!